Friday, May 29, 2009

sPiDeRs

Here are some unusual spiders that I have spotted this year. The first one is an orb weaver. It had captured some delectable little insect to dine on. The second one I have no idea of the species or even the genus. It was hiding on the backside of a blade of grass. It was very tiny at around 3/8 of an inch legs and all. It's coloring was very beautiful. I can't help but be a bit freaked out by these eight legged creatures, but even though I have many trepidations about them I am still fascinated by their life styles, shapes, sizes and coloring. I recognize spiders are hugely beneficial and I am grateful for their presence in my yard. I just want to make darn sure I know where they are before they know where I am. Want to see a completely hysterical woman, just let one of these things end up on me without my invitation!

No comments:

Post a Comment