Saturday, July 11, 2009

Flying Flowers


Today's weather is anything but perfect. It is hot, humid and cloudy. We have storms predicted for our area with a 30% chance. Most likely we will get hit with something with the way the sky looks and with the fact that walking out side is like trying to breath underwater. The butterflies sure seem to not mind. I'm amazed at how weather that seems to make us wilt will bring these gorgeous creatures out in droves. The coneflowers are blooming and have turned one flower bed into a coneflower bed, choking most everything else out. Some serious control will have to implemented next season if I want any other flowers to flourish. I couldn't resist sharing these photos of the Eastern Tiger Swallowtail and the Red Admiral. I know I've posted about each before, but these beauties were just to gorgeous to not share.


6 comments:

  1. Fine butterfly images - love the colors in the two of the Red Admiral.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tom. Your photos are always so absolutely beautiful, it makes me appreciate your comment even more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your beautiful butterfly photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa! I thought for a minute there that you had gotten into my computer! I mess around with a camera once in awhile, and I have photos that look very much like the ones above. In fact, I use one of them as my profile photo on my blog. Flowers and butterflies just seem to beg to have their photo taken.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, I agree. I have tons of butterfly pictures, they are such pretty flying flowers, and fun to photograph. I've noticed a significant decrease in butterfly numbers this year though. Not near as many around my flowers as normal years.

    ReplyDelete